A minor in fashion marketing provides students with specialized knowledge in the fashion industry, specifically in retail buying, product development, and fashion promotion. Students minoring in fashion marketing acquire expertise applicable to jobs in fields such as assistant retail buyer, wholesale account manager, product allocator, retail manager, visual merchandiser, and fashion event coordinator.
Minimum Grade Requirements: A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better is required for courses in the minor.
Residency Requirement: Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirements at Marymount.
Minor Required Courses
- MA 132 Statistical Analysis
- GMD 200 Digital Publishing
- MKT 230 Omnichannel Fashion Merchandising
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 440 Fashion in the Global Marketplace
Minor Elective Course
Pick one (1) course from the following:
- FD 306 Apparel Design II OR MKT 211 Visual Merchandising