The GSA student chapter serves as a gateway to further students’ professional development in education, research, advocacy, and policy in the aging field. All students of Marymount in all departments are eligible to be a member of our GSA student chapter.
But that’s not all! The student chapter is also your gateway to incredible volunteer opportunities that let you give back to the community and make a real impact. From heartwarming storytelling sessions that bridge generations to the thrill of trivia nights that challenge your knowledge, our chapter is all about creating memorable, fun, and engaging experiences. Join the chapter to be a part of something bigger and embark on an incredible journey with fellow students who share your passion for making a difference in their community.
“Meaningful lives as we age. ”
By being active members, students will :
- Access Emerging scholars and Professional Organizations.
- Get support to advance learning about careers in aging.
- Be exposed to networking opportunities with world-renowned scholars, researchers, and policymakers in gerontology.
- Get Guidance in learning how to submit and review abstracts for GSA presentations.
- Training and certifications in aging
- Participate in research with faculty