Accelerated Second-Degree BSN Program
This program is only for applicants with a previous Bachelor’s Degree.
ANNUAL FALL ENTRY:
- November 1- Applications Opens Year Prior
- May 1- Deadline to Submit ABSN Application
- July 1- Deadline to Submit all Application Materials (LOR, Essay, Transcripts, Completion of Prerequisite Courses, TEAS if requested, etc.)
August 1- Deadline to Submit Enrollment Deposit
ANNUAL SPRING ENTRY:
- May 1- Applications Opens Year Prior
- September 1- Deadline to Submit ABSN Application
- November 1- Deadline to Submit all Application Materials (LOR, Essay, Transcripts, Completion of Prerequisite Courses, TEAS if requested, etc.)
December 1- Deadline to Submit Enrollment Deposit
*Please note that part-time ABSN applicants can only apply for the Fall start term.
Length of the Program:
- Full-time: 15 months across 4 consecutive semesters (including summer)
- Part-time: 3 years across 9 consecutive semesters (including summers)
Accelerated BSN Students must complete the following prerequisites courses with a C or above within 10 years:
Applicants are eligible to apply with a maximum of two (2) prerequisite courses in progress at the time of application. It is recommended that there is only one (1) science prerequisite outstanding at the time of application.
- Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits)
- General Chemistry for Health Science Majors or higher level Chemistry with Lab (4 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- (Applicants must have completed a Developmental Psychology course or courses overseeing childhood to death. This can be completed in one or multiple courses depending on the institutions an applicant has attended.)
- Microbiology with Lab (4 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Sociology or Anthropology (3 credits)
- Statistical Analysis course (3 credits)
Accelerated BSN Students must submit the following items to be considered for admission:
- Completed Transfer Application through our Marymount Application only.
- Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended
- Prerequisite courses must have been completed within the past 10 years as of your program’s start term. All courses must be completed with the equivalent of a C grade or better from a regionally accredited institution.
- One letter of recommendation
- Nursing essay (topic will be provided in application)
- Personal essay (optional)
- Resume (optional)
- Official ATI-TEAS exam score (minimum overall score 68%)
Accelerated Second Degree BSN applicants who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or better may apply without ATI-TEAS.
It is strongly recommended that waiver-eligible applicants provide ATI-TEAS scores if they have earned below a B- in any science prerequisite course, or repeated science courses.
Approximate Cost of the Program
- 4 full-time semesters of tuition, university fees, and nursing fees is approximately $71,000 for the entire 15 month program. More information regarding full-time tuition and fees can be found by visiting Tuition and Fees
- 9 part-time semesters of tuition, university fees, and nursing fees. More information regarding part time tuition and fees can be found by visiting Tuition and Fees
Because of high application volume at certain times of year, please allow up to four weeks for the processing of your application. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions@marymount.edu.