B.S., Skidmore College
M.F.A., The George Washington University
University of Massachusetts, Syracuse University
- Fashion Illustration I and II
- Senior Fashion Design Portfolio
- Fashion Research and Communication
- Senior Seminar in Fashion Merchandising
- The artistic decision-making of fashion designers
- Media campaigns in the fashion industry, such as Benetton, Calvin Klein, Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria’s Secret
- The pedagogy of inspiring creativity in fashion design students
Janice G. Ellinwood has been a member of the Marymount faculty since 1980. She is an artist and fashion illustrator who has exhibited throughout the U.S. As a Fulbright Scholar, she taught fashion design at the National Academy of Art in Bulgaria in 2001-02.
Ellinwood has served as department chair of Fashion Design and Merchandising since 1987. As such, she has recommended the nationally recognized recipients for Marymount’s Designer of the Year Award and invited them to campus. She has coached students who have won or placed in national and international fashion competitions, served as a media expert on the fashion industry, a reviewer of fashion textbooks, and contributed articles to both academic journals and textbooks. She is author of Fashion By Design (Fairchild Books).
Ellinwood is a member of the International Textile and Apparel Association, the Costume Society of America, the Colored Pencil Society of America and the Fulbright Association.