BS, University of Evansville
MS, University of Evansville
DPT, Marymount University
Licensed Physical Therapist in VA
Board Certified Neurologic Clinical Specialist
Dr. Jade Bender-Burnett received a BS and MS in Physical Therapy from the University of Evansville in 2006 and a transitional DPT degree from Marymount University in 2009. In addition, Dr. Bender-Burnett is an ABPTS Board Certified Neurological Clinical Specialist (NCS) and an APTA certified Clinical Instructor. She is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association, served as Education Chair for the DC Chapter of the APTA, and is now a member of the Virginia Chapter of the APTA. Dr. Bender-Burnett currently completed 6 years of volunteerism as a member and Co-Chair of the Exam Development Committee for the Federation of the State Boards of Physical Therapy. At Marymount University, Dr. Bender-Burnett has served as a tutorial leader and lab assistant for Neuroscience, Acute Care, and Neurologic Rehabilitation courses. Additionally, she teaches PT 701: Pathophysiology, PT 757 Leadership, Professional Development, and Expert Practice and advises for PT 803: Case Reports. Dr. Bender-Burnett has authored numerous entries in Elsevier’s Clinical Skills for the Therapist and serves as a peer reviewer for the product as well. She continues clinical practice at Neuro PT in Falls Church, VA, and her background is in treating patients with neurologic impairment in the acute rehab setting. Dr. Bender-Burnett’s experience includes acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, and outpatient physical therapy treatment for stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, vestibular rehabilitation, amputee, and multi-trauma.
- Pathophysiology Leadership
- Professional Development
- Expert Practice Neurological Physical Therapy Clinical Neuroscience Acute Care Physical Therapy Case Reports
- Otago Exercise Program Implementation NQF endorsement and quality measure maintenance Functional Assessment of Standardized Items set Leadership and Education Student Perceptions of Digital Practice
- Malinson T., Harwood K., Weaver J., Bender-Burnett JJ., & Johnson H. Functional Assessment, Interoperability and Quality Measurement: FASI Paves the Way. Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association. Feb 2-5, 2022. San Antonio. Poster Presentation.
- Hardy-Gostin, CJ, Negley KJ, Bender-Burnett, JJ. Otago Exercise Program Delivery using Digital Practice: A Prospective Case Report. Journal of Frailty, Sarcopenia and Falls. Education Session at ACAPT Education and Leadership Conference 2021: Developing digital readiness: Creating a digital physical therapy module for DPT education to challenge student perceptions and abilities.
- Moran, M., Bryson, C., Bender-Burnett, J. Washington State APTA Fall Conference. Oct, 15, 2021. Continuing Education Course: Do You Know Otago?,
- Bender-Burnett, JJ. & Murdin, JK. Awarded 6.0 CEUs. Virginia APTA Approved Continuing Education Course.
- Bender-Burnett, JJ. April 24, 2021. Implementing the Otago Exercise Program, Awarded 3.0 CEUs. Virginia APTA Fall Summit 2020: Building Academic-Community Based Partnerships For Reducing Falls. Poster Presentation
- Bender, JJ.; Harris, CD.; Harris, KA.; Jensen, HJ.; Kennedy, BA.; Martin, S; Rodd, D; Underwood, F. “Is the President’s Challenge a Valid Test of Fitness in Children Ages 10-14?” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: May 2006. Volume 38 (5) p S213.
- Publication of subject matter expert interview on Post-Stroke Fatigue: Stroke Connection Magazine: Spring 2017. Helping Others Understand: Post-Stroke Fatigue. Authored Publications in Mosby’s Rehabilitation Therapy Skills Tool including: Transfer Technique: Patients with Sling and Upper Extremity Weight-Bearing Restrictions, Transfer Technique: Patients with Limited Weight Bearing on a Lower Extremity, Transfer Technique: Postoperative Patients with Hip Precautions, Transfer Technique: Patients with Hemiplegia, Electrical Stimulation, Bed Mobility: Patient with Hemiplegia, Romberg Test, Bed Mobility: Total Hip Arthroplasty, Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation, Bed. Mobility: Patients with Posterior Total Hip Precautions, Percussive Manipulations, Stroking Manipulations, Sensory Testing: Stereognosis, Sensory Testing: Kinesthesia, Sensory Testing: Vibration, Sensory Testing: Proprioception, Sensory Testing: Temperature, Ultrasound Treatment Modality. 2015-2017