Lecturer, Editorial Coordinator
College of Business, Innovation, Leadership and Technology, Literature and Languages, School of Business
Master of Science, Linguistics, Georgetown University
Master of Arts, Education, The George Washington University
Bachelor of Arts, English and Education, Marquette University
Professor Elissa Ruffino serves as a lecturer in the College of Business and editorial coordinator for the School of Technology and Innovation at Marymount University. She also teaches communication courses to college juniors and seniors for the Lutheran College Washington Semester (LCWS) program, a consortium of 13 Lutheran colleges across the country. She is a visiting professor in marketing for John Cabot University in Rome, Italy, where she has taught for three consecutive summer one sessions.
For more than 23 years, she served as chief brand officer, director of communications and public relations for The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) in Washington, DC and was awarded a three-year education grant (2017-19) by NIAF.
During summer 2017. Rome’s daily newspaper, La Stampa, published two of her articles after her teaching assignment at John Cabot University in Rome, Italy.
In June 2020 her first children’s book “”Dream Big Dream Small”” was published by Politics and Prose in Washington, DC. The following December “Sogna in Grande Sogna in Piccolo” was published in Italian.
She holds a Master of Science in Linguistics from Georgetown University; Master of Arts in Education from The George Washington University; Bachelor of Arts in English and Education from Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She received a certificate in English Literature at Worcester College at the University of Oxford in England.
- Business Writing
- Brand Management
- Branding; Effective Communications
- The Art of Communication in Our Nation’s Capital Today
- Ruffino, E. (October 2020) Virtual one-hour seminar, “Explore Concepts Behind Brands and You,” for Lutheran College Washington Semester Program (LCWS). A professional development
- Ruffino, E. (December 2020) “Sogna in Grande Sogna in Piccolo,” Politics & Prose, Opus Publishing, Washington, DC. ISBN: 978-1-62429-308-5-51499
- Ruffino, E., (July 2020) “Dream Big Dream Small,” Politics & Prose, Opus Publishing, Washington, DC, ISBN: 978-1-62429-273-6-51799
- Ruffino, E. (2017) “Making Rome’s Trastevere Yours. Join the Fabric of the Neighborhood” La Stampa, (Rome, Italy) , August 15, 2107 http://www.lastampa.it/2017/08/15/esteri/lastampa-in-english/making-romes-trastevere-yours-ez86QlWjVPDN8QlLgCXTbO/pagina.html
- Ruffino, E. (2017) “Six Outfits for 6 Weeks in Rome!” La Stampa, (Rome, Italy), July 30, 2017 http://www.lastampa.it/2017/07/30/esteri/lastampa-in-english/six-outfits-for-weeks-in-rome-bella-carry-on-K1yc4UxciFGnoVNsmbG2EK/pagina.html
- Ruffino, E, (2016) “Historic Ties Binding Italy and the United States”, Ambassador Magazine, Washington, DC, Winter issue 2016
- Ruffino, E. (2016) Book Review: “The Only Street in Paris. Life on the Rue des Martyrs”, Ambassador Magazine, Winter issue 2016
- Ruffino, E. (1996) “Men at the Top: Profiles of Six Italian American Leaders”, Ambassador Magazine, Number 29/30
- Ruffino, E. (1994) “Ancient Graffiti” seminar for Smithsonian Institution Resident Associates, January 27, 1994
- Ruffino, E. (1994/1995) “In the Executive Suite: Profiles of six Italian American Women Leaders”, Ambassador Magazine, Winter 1994/1995, Number 24
- Ruffino, E. (1994) “A Renaissance Masterpiece”, Ambassador Magazine, Summer 1994, Number 21/22
- Ruffino, E. (1993) “Florentine Fashion Frenzy”, Ambassador Magazine, Summer 1993 “
Phone: 703-284-5944; 703-727-8479