- To activate your student account, a prerequisite to register for classes, please use this link. Click here to access helpful guides and resources for our new student planning system, My MU Plan.
- Register for classes: Do this as soon as possible after you activate your student account. Visit the Registrar’s webpage for more details about registration periods, class end and start dates, exam periods, and holidays. Click here for a helpful guide to registering for class. For help registering, please email Marina Borrero at Marina.Borrero@online.marymount.edu.
- Attend orientation: Each online program will have an orientation course in Canvas, opening on August 17, 2020. The information will be sent in mid-August.
- Review the Marymount University Catalog for the year you are entering study.
- If you need assistance with financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-284-1530. Please also visit the “Financing your Graduate Education” section.
- Please review the Student Health Services page for full details concerning vaccination and student health requirements. Failure to provide required documentation by certain deadlines can result in a registration block. This is only applicable to online nursing students who have to come to campus for their clinical hours. All other online students are exempt from this requirement.
- Complete your documentation: If you acceptance letter outlined missing or incomplete documents, such as official transcripts, diplomas, or test scores, please have these sent to the Graduate Admissions Office as soon as possible. Incomplete documentation will result in a registration hold being placed on your account until the required documentation is received.
- Get your student ID: The MU BlueCard is your multipurpose ID.
- Purchase books and supplies: Marymount University’s Barnes & Noble Bookstore has books for purchase and for rent, plus supplies, clothing, and many other items. Visit the bookstore for special offers.
- Complete health insurance waiver if coverage is not needed- All students who are registered for 9 or more credits are automatically enrolled in the school health insurance plan provided by United Healthcare. The annual insurance premium will appear as a line item on your Student Account bill when you receive it. For information on this coverage, please visit the Student Health Services page. Please note that you do have the option of waiving the coverage online if you already have coverage. Email questions to email@example.com.
|Before the start of classes, your program point of contact is the adviser or Program Director specified in the welcome email from Ana David, Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment Services, at 703-284-5901 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you matriculate, you can learn more about what courses are required for your degree and to monitor your progress by logging in to Marynet and reviewing your Program Evaluation (EVAL) in the “Marynet for Students” section. If you have questions or concerns regarding your Program Evaluation, please contact your adviser. Adviser assignments can also be found in the “Marynet for Students” portal after the start of classes.|