- APPLICATION CLOSED. The application for the Summer 2021 Blue Shirt Program is closed. Information regarding future programs will be posted soon.
- Marymount University understands that many high school students’ grades have been affected by circumstances related to COVID-19, perhaps due to the challenges of online learning or illness within the family.
- Many students have academic promise, but recent transcripts might not reflect full potential, which may be interfering with college or university acceptances.
- The Blue Shirt program, a pilot program that Marymount is offering for summer 2021, gives 2021 high school graduates a second chance to show their potential college-level success, by honing their academic skills.
- Students take two college-level courses over the summer and participate in supplemental activities to build academic skills while earning credits at a reduced cost.
- Students who successfully complete the program are guaranteed admission at Marymount University for the Fall 2021 semester.
- This six-week (June 28-August 6) pilot program has a limited number of seats. Blue Shirt students will take a college success skills course and a writing course.
- Hybrid in nature, with synchronous and asynchronous online elements and some face-to-face opportunities for learning and engagement (all with appropriate social distancing protocols in place).
What’s In It for You?
- Improve your learning and study skills, such as time management and note taking, that will serve you in your college career and beyond, through a SEM 101 (Success and Excellence at Marymount) course.
- Earn 6 credits at a lower cost than during a normal fall or spring semester, completing SEM 101 and EN 101, which are foundational for any undergraduate degree.
- Build relationships with other recent high school graduates and with the program’s peer mentors and student supplemental instructors.
- Take advantage of opportunities including a complete orientation to Marymount University, Career Services counseling, peer tutoring, and professional Academic Advising.
Cost to Participate
- $2,000 for 6-week program.
- Institutional support may be afforded to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Department of Education; a 2021-2022 FAFSA must be completed. For information, contact Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Cost of the program will be rebated to students who enroll at Marymount, with a 25% rebate at the end of each successful semester (minimum semester and overall GPA of 2.0) and with registration for the next semester.
- On-campus housing is available at an additional cost. For information, contact Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How is Success as a Blue Shirt Defined?
- Earn a grade of at least a B (3.0) in both the SEM 101 and EN 101.
- Participate fully in the non-graded elements, such as sessions with peer tutor.
- Earn the endorsement of instructors, peer mentors, and student instructors, based on defined criteria to determine college readiness.
How to Apply
- You can still complete an application to Marymount University through Undergraduate Admissions.
For more information, contact Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com.