Marymount Policies & Access
Following SAS Policy
- Student Access Services (SAS) is the designated office to:
- Engage in the interactive process with students having disabilities who request reasonable accommodations.
- Determine accommodations for students to use, as applicable in Marymount settings.
- Reasonable accommodations offered by SAS to students are intended to mitigate/relieve the impact of a disability during the semester in which a student is enrolled.
- SAS policies and practices for requesting reasonable accommodations must be followed by all students seeking accommodations.
- Students are required to engage fully in an interactive dialogue, also known as the interactive process, with SAS professionals to assist SAS in understanding their accommodations needs.
- SAS typically provides student academic accommodations in the form of a Faculty Contact Sheet (FCS).
- Accommodations are flexible and can expand or occasionally contract. Reevaluation occurs upon direct request from student, and/or when accommodations are renewed each semester.
- SAS requires reasonable documentation of a disability in most cases when the significance of an impairment is not obvious.
- Students must request renewal of their accommodations for each semester in which they are enrolled with the University.
- Students need to complete all academic work within the semester in which they are enrolled under normal circumstances.
- Students who are unable to complete academic requirements due to extenuating circumstances, are encouraged to consider options other than disabilities based accommodations to address their concerns.
- SAS accommodations are intended to provide students equal access to University-related activities.