Internship Support and Employment Preparation
- SAS provides support regarding:
- Student internships
- Student clinical assignments
- Translating college accommodations into practical workplace accommodations
- Practicing disability disclosure to employers
- Developing self-awareness and self-advocacy skill
- Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP)
- The WRP is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities.
- WRP recruiters from federal agencies conduct interviews with interested Marymount students.
- Candidates may represent all majors, and range from college freshmen to graduate students.
- Information from candidate interviews is compiled in a searchable database that is available to federal Human Resources Specialists, Equal Employment Opportunity Specialists, and other hiring officials in federal agencies and private sector employers.
- Selected students may be able to apply their knowledge and skills in real world work situations to prepare for employment after graduation.
- Visit WRP’s website at https://wrp.gov.