The mission of the Global Education Office (GEO) is to serve Marymount University faculty and students by providing thoughtful leadership, administrative support, and academically-based international programming that fosters the development of the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to be active, informed, and culturally sensitive citizens in the global community.
Our Primary Functions
- To identify and develop quality and accessible international programs which promote global perspective, creativity, discovery and excellence in higher education.
- To advance Marymount’s internationalization efforts through identifying international professional development opportunities for faculty, promoting opportunities for global programming collaboration between academic departments and non-academic offices, and by expanding global programs and partnerships.
Director, Global Education Office
Whitney advises for the following study abroad programs:
- Semester/Academic Year
- Global Internship Programs
- Global Classrooms Series
- and the Fulbright Scholarship
Click here to schedule an appointment with Whitney
With over 17 years of experience as an international educator, Whitney has designed, developed, managed, and led study abroad programming and curriculum both in the United States and abroad. Whitney holds a B.A. in Black World Studies from Ohio Wesleyan University and a M.A. in International Education from SIT Graduate Institute. As Director of the Global Education Office, Whitney is eager to support faculty and students in accomplishing their global pursuits.
Whitney’s Global Bucket List:
- Visit the last two remaining continents on her list (Australia and Antarctica)
- Swim with whale sharks off the coast of Mafia Island (Tanzania)
- Whitewater raft the Zambezi River (Zambia)
- Bungee jump Victoria Falls (Zambia)
Global Education Advisor
Korrin advises for the following study abroad programs:
- Summer Programs
- National Student Exchange
- Global Scholars Program
Click here to schedule an appointment with Korrin
As a study abroad alum, Korrin is excited to encourage students to take that leap and find a program that will change the way they view they world. Study abroad programs are more accessible than students realize, and Korrin is part of the team to aid students in discovering what works best for them and their academic program. Korrin holds a B.A. in International Studies from SUNY Fredonia, and is currently pursuing a M.A. in International Education Management and Leadership from SUNY Albany.
Korrin’s Global Bucket List:
- Experience the wonder of the Great Pyramids (Egypt)
- Soak in the hot water springs in Iceland
- Hike Machu Picchu (Peru)
- Wander the streets of the Blue City, Chefchaouen (Morocco)