A partnership agreement between Marymount University and The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law (CUA Law) makes it possible for eligible students pursuing Sociology to receive direct admission to CUA Law after successful completion of three years of undergraduate study. Interested students should meet with their advisors as soon as possible to review program requirements and fit.
3 + 3 Advantage
Students who pursue a Sociology degree will be able to use their first-year law school courses at CUA Law to fulfill the required fourth-year coursework at Marymount. First-year law school credits will be accepted by Marymount to complete the student’s bachelor’s degree. 3 + 3 students can earn their bachelor’s degree and their Juris Doctor (J.D.) in only six years.
3 + 3 Eligibility
Third-year Marymount students who are pursuing a Sociology degree will be eligible for direct admission to CUA Law by having:
- Completed at least three (3) years of coursework
- Earned a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.60 by the end of their junior year
- Scored above the 66th percentile on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
- Remained in good academic and disciplinary standing; and
- Met all of the fitness, character, and other criteria for admission required by the Office of Admission of CUA Law.