Congratulations on your acceptance to Marymount University’s Graduate Program in Interior Design.
I am the Director of the Graduate Programs in Interior Design and am in my 10th year as a Professor at Marymount. My research interests include digital technology (Revit, AutoCAD, Digital Fabrication, Virtual Reality, etc.) where I have published several textbooks in multiple editions. You can see my full faculty profile here.
As the director of the Graduate Programs in Interior Design I will work with you on registering for your first semester of coursework. During this 30 minute call, we will discuss your degree goals (e.g. full-time versus part-time enrollment) and look at the upcoming semester’s courses and schedule.
I look forward to talking with you soon!
Chair + Associate Professor
Director, Graduate Programs
Schedule your Advising Appointment
- Step 1: Activate your student account here.
- Step 2: Schedule a 30 minute call with Doug Seidler here.
- Step 3: Learn more about My MU Plan, our online advising platform.
Please note: You will need to activate your student account (Step 1 above) before we can register you for classes.
New Graduate Student Registration Dates
Summer 2020 Semester
- Please note: Summer 2020 courses are fully online due to Coronavirus.
- Classes begin May 18, 2020
- Registration is Open
Fall 2020 Semester
- Classes begin Aug 24, 2020
- Registration is Open
Spring 2021 Semester
- Classes begin Jan 11, 2021
- Registration opens Nov 2020
Before you Arrive – Checklist
- Attend orientation: Most Marymount graduate programs require that you participate in orientation. The Orientation website has updated information about the Graduate Welcome and Orientation, international student check-in, and program-specific orientation events.
- Consider your housing options: Graduate students interested in living at the Rixey should review the steps to apply on the Graduate Housing page. Students that complete the interest form will be contacted as soon as the application is available.
- Complete your Academic Documentation: If your acceptance letter outlined missing or incomplete documents, such as official transcripts, diplomas, or test scores, please have these sent to the Graduate Admissions Office as soon as possible. Incomplete documentation will result in a registration hold being placed on your account until the required documentation is received.
- Financial Aid: If you need assistance with financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid by e-mail at email@example.com or call 703-284-1530. Please also visit the Financing your Graduate Education section of our website.
- Student Health Services: Please review the Student Health Services page for full details concerning vaccination and student health requirements. Failure to provide required documentation by certain deadlines can result in a registration block.
- Complete health insurance waiver if coverage is not needed.
- All students who are registered for 9 or more credits are automatically enrolled in the school health insurance plan provided by United Healthcare. The annual insurance premium will appear as a line item on your Student Account bill when you receive it.
- For information on this coverage, please visit the Student Health Services page. Please note that you do have the option of waiving the coverage online if you already have coverage. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your student ID: The MU BlueCard is your multipurpose ID. BlueCards are available Monday through Friday in the Parking and ID Office in Ireton Hall. These services are available at orientation.
- Obtain a parking permit: To obtain your parking permit you will need:
- A government-issued photo ID
- The vehicle registration (or a copy) for each vehicle that you might drive to campus.
- Check the Parking webpage for more information.
- Purchase books and supplies: Marymount University’s Barnes & Noble Bookstore has books for purchase and rent, plus supplies, clothing, and many other items. Visit the bookstore for special offers.