The mission of the Global Learning Office (GLO) is to serve Marymount University faculty and students by providing thought leadership, administrative support, and academically-based international programming that foster the development of the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to be active, informed, and culturally sensitive citizens in the global community.
Our Primary Functions
- To identify and develop quality and accessible international programs which promote global perspective, creativity, discovery and excellence in higher education.
- To advance Marymount’s internationalization efforts through identifying international professional development opportunities for faculty, promoting opportunities for global programming collaboration between academic departments and non-academic offices, and by expanding global programs and partnerships.
Global Learning Office Team Members
Director of the Global Learning Office
Click here to schedule an appointment with Whitney
With over 15 years of experience as an international educator, Whitney has developed, managed, and led study abroad programming and curriculum both in the United States and overseas. Whitney holds a B.A. in Black World Studies from Ohio Wesleyan University and a M.A. in International Education from SIT Graduate Institute. She joins Marymount University as the Director of the Global Learning Office and is eager to assist students interested in exploring study abroad opportunities.
Whitney’s Global Bucket List:
- Visit the last two remaining continents on her list (Australia and Antarctica)
- Swim with whale sharks off the coast of Mafia Island (Tanzania)
- Whitewater raft the Zambezi River (Zambia)
- Bungee jump in Victoria Falls (Zambia)
Visiting Fulbright Scholar
Hadeer Nouh joins us as our Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant for the 2021-2022 Academic Year. She will teach Beginning Arabic courses and provide other cultural enrichment activities that expose the Marymount community to Arabic language and culture.
Hadeer is from Alexandria, Egypt and graduated with her Bachelor’s Degree in English Education from Alexandria University in 2012. After graduation, she obtained certificates in TESOL and CELTA and she is currently pursuing a master’s degree in ESP (English for Specific Purposes). Hadeer has taught English to adults for over nine years, and she likes to help students advance their English language abilities for their future personal and professional success. In her spare time, Hadeer loves reading, cooking, learning new languages, and exploring new places.
Visiting Graduate Assistant
Click here to set up a meeting with Isabelle
Isabelle is originally from New Jersey and just returned from living in Bogotá, Colombia, where she was working as an English teacher. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Global Justice and Policy Studies with a minor in Spanish from James Madison University, and is starting her MA in International Education Policy at George Washington University in Fall 2021. Isabelle spent some time after her college graduation backpacking through South America before starting a job as a paralegal at an immigration law firm in New York. For the past year, she has been utilizing her TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification by working as an online English teacher. She is passionate about working with immigrant and refugee populations, specifically by improving their access to quality education. In her free time, Isabelle enjoys doing yoga, bullet journaling, painting, and traveling.
Isabelle’s Global Bucket List:
- See the hot air balloons in Cappadocia, Turkey
- Go to the Galapagos Islands to see the turtles
- See the Northern Lights in Lapland, Finland
- Explore the Greek Islands
- Backpack around India
- Take pictures in the Salt Flats in Bolivia
GLO Peer Advisor
Global Education Student Peer Advisor
Ayana Gaskins is from Bethesda, Maryland, who is currently in her junior year, studying nursing. She has lived in Niigata, Japan during her summer breaks to visit family and attend school. Ayana stays in touch with her Japanese heritage by communicating with her family in Japanese, and indulge in the large variety of Japanese cuisines by cooking or eating out. Her favorite place is Colorado, because of the endless amount of breathtaking nature, and she hopes to live there one day as a nurse. In her free time, she likes to hike, or catch up on Netflix shows and movies.
Ayana’s Global Bucket List:
- Stay in an overwater Bungalow in Bora Bora
- Hike and kayak through Banff National Park
- Walk through Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia, the world’s largest salt flat
- Go camping in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park
- Visit Lake Tekapo and walk through the wild lupine field
- Watch the Northern lights in Iceland