Ready, Saint, Go!
At the invitation of Marymount University’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Ready, Saint, Go! program provides recent high school graduates a chance to develop a growth mindset and academic skills so they transition into a Marymount fall semester with confidence and purpose.
- A five-week (July 5 – August 9) fully online synchronous program with opportunities for learning, programming, and peer engagement.
- The program runs Monday – Thursday from 5:00 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. and Friday from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time, with additional opportunities to engage with peer tutors and other support during the day.
- You earn six college credits by taking two courses over the summer: a writing course and a college success course.
- Learning is connected with a support system to reinforce good academic habits, workshops that demonstrate how successful students approach college life, and opportunities for mentorship.
What’s In It for You?
- Discover how to be your best academic self – how to manage time well, prioritize, study – through participation in SEM 100, Success and Excellence at Marymount.
- Earn six credits that count toward graduation.
- Build relationships with other recent high school graduates, peer tutors, and mentors.
- Engage in workshops delivered by faculty and staff on being a well-connected, successful student.
What is Expected of You
In order to participate fully in this program, you must agree with the following expectations:
- I have access to Zoom on a desktop or laptop (not a phone) with a camera and sound.
- I have access to a stable internet connection.
- I will log on and participate in all aspects of the program with the camera and sound on.
- I will spend additional time (outside of class time) participating in required online activities or having one-on-one meetings with my instructors and/or tutors via Zoom. The days/times for this work are flexible.
- I will do homework assignments that must be completed outside of class time (as is true for all college classes). While the time required for assignments can vary each week, I will plan on setting aside 10 hours per week for this work.
- I have identified a planner or calendar that I will use to keep track of assignments, activities, classes, and meetings for the program.
Cost to Participate
- The Ready, Saint, Go! program costs $3,000, which covers the cost of the 6 academic credits you can earn toward graduation (a 60 percent tuition discount) while receiving extra academic support, workshops, mentoring, and an introduction to college life.
- Through a generous gift from Booz Allen Hamilton Foundation, students with high financial need may qualify for an award to attend the program for a free or reduced cost. To determine eligibility for an award, you will need to complete the 2023 – 2024 FAFSA by May 31. Space is limited, so apply early!
Applying for the Ready, Saint, Go! Program
- Did you receive an invitation from admissions? Though you aren’t required to participate, you are strongly encouraged to submit your application here.
- Priority will be given to applications received by April 15, and you will receive a decision the week of April 24.
- The final deadline to apply is May 1, and you will receive a decision the week of May 8.
Submit your application here.
For more information, contact The Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org