At the invitation of Marymount University’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Ready, Saint, Go! program provides recent high school graduates a chance to develop a growth mindset and academic skills so they transition into a Marymount fall semester with confidence and purpose.
- A five-week (July 5 – August 9) fully online synchronous program with opportunities for learning, programming, and peer engagement.
- The program runs Monday – Thursday from 5:00 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. and Friday from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time, with additional opportunities to engage with peer tutors and other support during the day.
- You earn six college credits by taking two courses over the summer – a writing course and a college success course.
- Learning is connected with a support system to reinforce good academic habits, workshops that demonstrate how successful students approach college life, and opportunities for mentorship.
What’s In It for You?
- Discover how to be your best academic self – how to manage time well, prioritize, and study – through participation in SEM 101, Success and Excellence at Marymount.
- Earn six credits that count toward graduation.
- Build relationships with other recent high school graduates, peer tutors, and mentors.
- Engage in workshops delivered by faculty and staff on being a well-connected, successful student.
What is Expected of You
In order to participate fully in this program, you must agree with the following expectations:
- I have access to Zoom on a desktop or laptop (not a phone) with a camera and sound.
- I have access to a stable internet connection.
- I will log on and participate in all aspects of the program with the camera and sound on.
- I will spend additional time (outside of class time) participating in required online activities or having one-on-one meetings with my instructors and/or tutors via Zoom. The days/times for this work are flexible.
- I will do homework assignments that must be completed outside of class time (as is true for all college classes). While the time required for assignments can vary each week, I will plan on setting aside 10 hours per week for this work.
- I have identified a planner or calendar that I will use to keep track of assignments, activities, classes, and meetings for the program.
Cost to Participate
- The Ready, Saint, Go! program costs $3,000, which covers the cost of the 6 academic credits you can earn toward graduation (a 60 percent tuition discount) while receiving extra academic support, workshops, mentoring, and an introduction to college life.
- Through a generous gift from Booz Allen Hamilton Foundation, students with high financial need may qualify for an award to attend the program for a free or reduced cost. To determine eligibility for an award, you will need to complete the 2023 – 2024 FAFSA by May 31. Space is limited, so apply early!
Applying for the Ready, Saint, Go! Program
- Did you receive an invitation from admissions? Although you aren’t required to participate, you are strongly encouraged to submit your application here.
- The application deadline is June 14 to participate in the 2023 Ready, Saint, Go! cohort. Award funding is limited and will be determined based on available funding at the time of application.
Submit your application here.
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com