Apply for Financial Aid
You can apply for financial aid at the same time that you apply for admission to the university. No awards can be made until after you’ve been accepted to Marymount.

International Students
To qualify for federal or state assistance, you must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, permanent resident, or eligible noncitizen. International students who are not eligible for these forms of aid may wish to pursue assistantships and payment plans to finance their graduate studies.


Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
This loan is available to eligible degree and certificate seeking students who will be enrolled at least half time. Maximum annual eligibility is $20,500 and interest accrues on this loan while you are in school. You must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility, which is based on cost of attendance, other aid, received, and other factors. Students who will work in a full-time public service job may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.

How to Apply:

The procedure to apply for financial assistance is not the same for every type of aid. Financial aid applications will be considered at any point during the school year; however, early application is recommended.

Students seeking financial aid through the Federal Stafford Loan program, Federal Work-Study, or any program that requires the filing of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should follow these steps:

  • Step 1: Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be completed by both new and currently enrolled graduate students for each year they seek financial aid. The information is analyzed and a report sent to the university on the estimated contribution expected from the family or the self-supporting student.
  • Step 2: On the FAFSA, indicate Marymount as an institution to receive a report. Also, fill in Marymount University’s Title IV code number: 003724
  • Step 3: In two to three weeks, you will receive a federal Student Aid Report (SAR). If this report indicates that you have been selected for a process called verification, you must then submit signed copies of your most current Federal Tax Return.
  • Step 4: If you are an eligible Virginia resident planning to enroll in a graduate health professions program on a full-time basis, submit the VTAG Application by July 31. (Applications are available on MU’s Financial Aid Office website.)

Awards are offered when applications are complete and the student has been accepted for enrollment into a degree program.