The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Admissions Process
- The Physical Therapy Program’s Admissions Committee reviews all applications submitted through PTCAS. Initial evaluation of applicants includes assessment of overall GPA, prerequisite science GPA, applicant’s personal statement/essay, extracurricular activities, observation hours and letters of recommendation.
- Special consideration is given to current Marymount students who have completed at least two full-time semesters at Marymount prior to applying, Marymount University graduates, and persons from minority groups that are underrepresented in the profession.
- Individuals being considered for admission are invited to participate in a Doctor of Physical Therapy Program interview. Interview Day will be held virtually and typically consists of a one-on-one zoom interview with a faculty member and an opportunity to ask questions of our current students.
- Interviews are by invitation only
- An interview does not guarantee, but is required in order to be considered for admission.
- Applicants are selected for interview based upon their qualifications, potential to contribute to the profession and their community, and who represent a broad diversity of backgrounds.
- Admission decisions are announced to applicants within 30 days following their scheduled interview.