Colloquium and Symposium
The Center for Professional Ethics and Social Responsibility sponsors a colloquium series and occasional symposia to support its mission of advancing research, leadership, and dialogue relating to professional ethics and social responsibility.
The goals of the colloquium series are to:
- Bring researchers, professionals, and other leaders from the fields of professional ethics and social responsibility to Marymount University to share their expertise and insights with the university community.
- Encourage dialogue, reflection, and knowledge of professional ethics and social responsibility
- Facilitate networking and collaboration among participants to foster partnerships for research, educational programs, and community engagement relating to professional ethics and social responsibility.
Announcements of upcoming colloquia and symposia will be posted on this page.
The Center for Professional Ethics and Social Responsibility runs an innovative ethics bowl program for students. Ethics bowl competitions challenge student teams to grapple with and debate cases that involve pertinent and controversial ethical issues. These competitions help students to develop proficiency in ethical reasoning and critical thinking, as well as communication, leadership, and team-building skills.
The goals of the ethics bowl program are to:
- Develop student awareness and knowledge of ethics and their skill in confronting ethical issues and engaging in responsible decision-making.
- Develop future leaders in the fields of professional ethics and social responsibility.
- Elevate the profile of Marymount University as an institutional leader in the field of professional ethics and social responsibility by having our student teams compete in national and international ethics bowl competitions.
Read about Marymount’s participation in the 2023 VFIC Ethics Bowl here.