Interdisciplinary minors seek to examine a specific area within a major from an interdisciplinary perspective. As such, they differ from an interdepartmental minor in that the emphasis is on the student’s synthesis of knowledge regarding his or her major discipline from multiple perspectives, rather than on mastery of multiple disciplines. Therefore, the interdisciplinary minor requires students to demonstrate interdisciplinary synthesis through individual study, research, and expression. It culminates in a public demonstration of a significant capstone project to the Marymount University community in the form of a performance, display, or presentation.
Marymount offers Interdisciplinary Studies minors in the following areas:
- Gender and Society, offered through the School of Arts and Sciences
- Media and Performance Studies, offered through the School of Arts and Sciences
- Public Health, offered through the Malek School of Health Professions
- Social Entrepreneurship, offered through the School of Business Administration
- Sustainability, offered through the School of Business Administration
- International Studies, offered through the School of Arts and Sciences