Theology & Religious Studies Internships & Careers
Marymount Theology and Religious Studies majors have numerous internship opportunities throughout the Washington, DC, area and around the world. Since Theology and Religious Studies majors receive strong training in critical thinking, text analysis and interpretation, information literacy and writing, students are able to apply the skills and knowledge they develop in the major to a wide array of opportunities.
Internship experiences for Marymount Theology and Religious Studies majors have led directly to job offers from the internship site or similar work environments. Interns also develop the skills necessary for graduate study.
Careers & Further Study
This major contributes to one’s intellectual, spiritual, and ethical development, preparing students for a number of professions.
Individuals major in Theology and Religious Studies for a variety of reasons. Upon graduation, some majors
- undertake graduate study in Theology and Religious Studies or Law
- prepare for a career in humanitarian or philanthropic nonprofit organizations
- pursue a career as an educator
- work as a campus, youth, or parish minister
Marymount graduates who have gone on to further study have been admitted to such institutions as
- The Catholic University of America
- Northern Illinois University
- American University
- New York University
- Wesley Theological Seminary
- Catholic Theological Union (Chicago)
- LaSalle University
Marymount’s Center for Career Development can help students prepare for the internship and job search, polish a résumé, and practice interviewing skills. Grad school bound? Marymount’s DISCOVER Program stands ready with tips about applying for and thriving in graduate-study pursuits.