Welcome to Marymount University! We are happy that you have chosen to come to Marymount and look forward to meeting you. The International Student & Scholar Services office is also known as ISSS. All of us at ISSS wish you an easy transition and an enjoyable experience!
Our office assists new and continuing students with immigration advising, cultural and academic adjustment support, and provides opportunities to engage in the community through a variety of intercultural programs.
Mandatory International Orientation Session
Because of the unique needs of our international student population, the International Student Services office hosts a mandatory International Student Orientation Session. This program will address many topics including immigration, legal responsibilities, employment, the U.S. educational system, academic planning, banking, cultural transition issue, and campus life. You will also have plenty of time to meet other international students.
FALL 2021 International Student Orientation Session
In addition to this session, all new international first-year, transfer, and graduate students are required to complete the General New Student Orientation program that includes in-person and online sessions.
Undergraduate First-year and Transfer Students
- Register for the orientation in-person session here. Select the dates that indicate International Orientation
- Complete the online Orientation Course on Canvas here. Pay special attention to complete the International Student sections in Module 3 or 7 since they are mandatory to be able to finalize your immigration check-in.
- Register for the in-person Graduate International Orientation – Registration link coming Soon
- Complete the online Orientation Course on Canvas here. Pay special attention to complete the International Student modules on Immigration and Academic Integrity since they are mandatory to be able to finalize your immigration check-in.
Until then stay in touch with us. We are here to guide you on this journey. Engage in these virtual events and start connecting with other students and the ISSS staff.
Live Stream Events for Deposited Students Starting Fall 2021
Upcoming Live Chats
- Tuesday, May 25th Live chat 1: Immigration, applying for a visa, and housing in the U.S. Register here
- Tuesday, June 15th Live chat 2: Classes, Academic Advisor, and Medical and Health Insurance. Register here
- Tuesday, July 20th Live chat 3: Clubs and activities on campus and orientation. Register here
Virtual International Student Panel
Tuesday, August 3rd: Want to learn more about a typical day at Marymount? Join us for a question and answer session with a panel of current Marymount students. Register here
Students who register will receive the link for the event.
Pre -Arrival important information
As you prepare to come to the U.S., please take time to read the international student pre-arrival guide and make sure you follow the guidelines for newly admitted students, which will help you to be all set to start your experience as a student at Marymount.
- Print this International Student Pre-arrival Checklist
- International Student Complete Pre-arrival Guide
- How to obtain your I-20 and visa information
- Steps to get ready for classes for undergraduate students
- Steps to get ready for classes for graduate students
- Join the new international students and let’s start the conversation on Facebook or follow us on Instagram
Please click here for more information to help you prepare for your studies at Marymount University including information on how to obtain your I-20.
Important Note: All initial and transfer F-1 international students must meet and check-in with an International Student Advisor within the first two weeks of classes.