Marymount University’s Student Health Services (SHS) provides students with travel health education and vaccinations prior to their departure for study or travel abroad.
Things to know:
- Once you know your travel destination (s) please make your appointment. Ideally the appointment should take place at least 4-6 weeks in advance of your travel.
- Bring your most current vaccination record to your appointment.
- Bring your detailed travel itinerary to your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card to your appointment.
Travel appointment consultations typically include:
- Review of travel and medical history, including medications, allergies and vaccine status
- Education related to sun exposure, insect and animal precautions, airline health and jet lag, traveler’s diarrhea, altitude and motion sickness, food and water safety, and accidents and personal safety
- Prescription of prophylactic medications as necessary
- Vaccination administration as necessary
Please note that a $25 charge will be incurred for the initial travel health consultation and there may be additional charges for vaccines depending on the traveler’s needs. Charges are payable when services are rendered.
For appointments or questions please call the Student Health Services at 703.284.1610.
Additional information regarding travel abroad is provided by the Center for Global Education.