Resources through United Health Care
- For students with health insurance through MU
- 24/7 Student Support: Insured students have immediate access to the Student Assistance Program, a service that coordinates care using a network of resources. Services available include counseling, financial and legal advice, as well as mediation. Counseling services are offered by Licensed Clinicians who can provide insured students with someone to talk to when everyday issues become overwhelming.
- HealthiestYou Program: Starting on the effective date of your coverage under the student insurance plan, students have access to mental health providers through a national virtual counseling service. Psychiatrists, psychologists and licensed therapists are available to students through a variety of communication methods, including phone and video. Appointments are available 7 days a week. Visits are secure, discreet and confidential, and you have ongoing support with the same provider. As an insured with “StudentResources,” there is no consultation fee for this service. Every communication with a provider is covered 100% during your policy period.
- Hospital Center Emergency Room – 1701 N George Mason Dr., Arlington, VA 22205, (703) 558-6168
- Arlington County Behavioral Healthcare
- Same Day Access Services
- 2120 Washington Blvd., Arlington, VA 22204, (703) 228-5150
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 AM – 2 PM and Friday 8 AM-Noon
- Individuals who are interested in seeking mental health or substance use treatment services can access a services eligibility assessment on a walk-in basis, without an appointment. During this assessment, it will be determined if individuals meet the criteria to be referred to treatment within the agency. Agency provides individual therapy, group therapy, case management, and medication evaluations. Services are often low to no cost for students.
- Arlington County Emergency Mental Health Services
- 24-hour Emergency Services Hotline: (703) 228-5160
- Arlington County Community Services Board Get Help Guide
- Arlington County Covid-19 Mental Wellness
Fairfax – Falls Church Community Services Board – Merrifield Center
The Fairfax – Falls Church Community Services Board provides mental health and substance use services for residents of all ages. ID is needed. They do mental health assessments, and emergency services are available, including a 24-hour emergency line. They accept many health insurance plans as well as Medicaid and Medicare. Without insurance, it’s free or on a sliding scale. No one is refused services if they can’t pay. See the payment guide for CSB services.
- 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031
- MetroBus (Routes 1A and 1C), and Connector bus (Routes 401 and 402)
- Fairfax – Falls Church Emergency Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- What to Expect When Go To CSB Emergency Services
- 24-hour Emergency Mental Health Services Hotline: 703-573-5679
- 24-hour Emergency Substance Use/Detox Hotline: 703-502-7000