Marymount University offers a M.A. in counseling with three specializations from which a student must choose. These specializations are Clinical Mental Health, Pastoral Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and School Counseling.
- 2015 Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program ranked #4 out of 25 Mental Health Counseling Programs across the nation
- 2014 Association for Counselor Education and Supervision award for outstanding master’s counseling program
- 2014 Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision award for outstanding master’s counseling program
- 2014 European branch of the American Counseling Association award for outstanding Counselor Education Program
- 2011 National Board for Certified Counselors award for Professional Identity
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Interested in learning more about our Counseling M.A. program at Marymount University? We invite you to request more information today!
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Pastoral Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- School Counseling
- Counseling with Forensic and Legal Psychology
Marymount offers a Forensic and Legal Psychology option for students in the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. Through this program, you have an opportunity to earn a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and a Master of Arts in Forensic and Legal Psychology.
So much more: fun, friends, discoveries, life.
Your education and your life should have as much adventure as challenge, as much play as work, as many new friends as new experiences.
It all begins with our best-of-both-worlds location, just minutes from our nation’s capital. Hop on the Metro and take advantage of everything this amazing city has to offer, from an internship on Capitol Hill or one of the national museums to catching some sun hanging out on the Mall. From grabbing pizza in historic Georgetown, to going a little farther afield and exploring the gorgeous Chesapeake Bay. Then, come home to a friendly, peaceful, convenient, leafy campus that’s perfect for sustainable living and learning.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Marymount University strives to help our students obtain their degrees without breaking the bank. MU offers aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans and campus employment to students with outstanding academic promise and/or significant financial need. Check out all the undergraduate financial aid options to see just how affordable a Marymount education can be.