Welcome to Marymount University! We are happy that you have chosen to come to Marymount and look forward to meeting you. The International Student Services office is also known as ISS. All of us at ISS wish you an easy transition and an enjoyable experience!
Mandatory International Orientation Session
Because of the unique needs of our international student population, the International Student Services office hosts a mandatory International Student Orientation Session. This program will address many topics including immigration, legal responsibilities, employment, the U.S. educational system, academic planning, banking, cultural transition issue and campus life. You will also have plenty of time to meet other international students.
Spring 2021 International Student Session
This year, to follow health guidelines related to COVID-19 the international student session will have two online components: You must complete the online modules on Canvas, accessing them via your MU portal, and sign up for ONE mandatory small group immigration check-in session below. All session will be virtual via zoom. Students will receive a link directly for their session.
- Session 1 : Thursday January 14th, 10:00 to 12:00 – Virtual on Zoom
- Session 2 : Friday January 15th 1:00 to 3:00 – Virtual on Zoom
In addition to this session, all new international first year, transfer, and graduate students are required to complete the General New Student Orientation program.
- First Year and Transfer student must complete the online program
- Graduate Students should register for Graduate Orientation
The International Student Services Office
Our office provides the following services for new and continuing students:
- Immigration advising
- Acquaintance with on-campus services for students
- Cultural and educational programs
- Academic support
- Handouts on U.S. and Marymount’s Policies and Procedures
- Confidential cross-cultural counseling
Pre -Arrival important information
As you prepare to come to the U.S., please take time to read the international student pre-arrival guide and make sure you follow the guidelines for newly admitted students, which will help you to be all set to start your experience as a student at Marymount.
- International Student Pre-arrival Checklist
- International Student Complete Pre-arrival Guide
- How to obtain your I-20 and visa information
- Steps to get ready for classes for undergraduate students
- Steps to get ready for classes for graduate students
- Join the new international students and let’s start the conversation on Facebook
In addition, please read all our newsletters that will be sent in the next couple of months which include important information and will help you to get things done and make sure you connect with your peer advisor who will e-mail you directly.