Summer Research Grant Applications – (deadline – April 15th, 2019)
(Download a 2019 Application Form )
Proposals are jointly submitted by the student and faculty mentor. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name and contact information (local address, telephone number, and e-mail address) for the student submitting the proposal
- Purpose of the project
- Personal statement that might include why the particular project was selected, accomplishments to date, and what impact the project may have on the student’s future career plans
- Significance of the project to the faculty mentor’s scholarship
- Description of the student’s specific duties and responsibilities for the project
- Anticipated week-by-week schedule of student’s activities for the duration of the project
- Evidence of Institutional Review Board approval (or pending approval) for any projects involving human or animal subjects
- Letter of recommendation from the faculty mentor
Proposals must be submitted as an attachment via email@example.com
Summer research grant proposals are due April 15th, 2019. (Download a 2019 Application Form )
Humanities Institute Applications (The 2019 Application will be Posted by March 20th)
This Institute is open to any student who wishes to be part of a small community of scholars pursuing research in the humanities. But you don’t have to be majoring in a humanities discipline to participate.
You should apply for this program if you are a motivated student who can demonstrate outstanding academic ability. The Institute is meant to be foundational for future humanities research and does not presume extensive previous research experience. However, your application essay should articulate your specific interest in the program and detail your ability to perform at a superior intellectual level. Your letter of recommendation should support this, as should your past academic performance.