Liberal Studies B.A. Program Requirements
There are four components to the Liberal Studies Major (120 credits):
- The Core Requirements (54 credits required of all Marymount students)
- 2 Concentrations (18 credits in each—36 credits total)
- A Triad of Liberal Studies Courses (9-12 credits)
- LS 300 Liberal Studies Readings and Portfolio Development
- LS 400 Internship
- LS 420 Senior Seminar
- Electives (18-21 credits)
By the end of the senior year, Liberal Studies majors develop the skills to
- Think critically, analyze before reaching conclusion, and critique one’s own thinking.
- Use either a single or multiple disciplinary approach
- Communicate ideas to peers and supervisors succinctly, clearly and objectively.
- Communicate effectively in writing and speaking.
- Adapt communications to audience’s interest and knowledge.
- Manage time to complete immediate tasks promptly and long-term tasks efficiently.
- Undertake long term tasks or problem- solve a problem through an analytical approach.
- Present results in concise, well-organized format in a variety of genres for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Work individually or as part of a team