As a student in the Health Education and Promotion (M.S.) there are many ways to get involved and make the most of your time while working towards your graduate degree. Listed below are just some of the ways previous students have gained experience, networked, taken part in reserach, and found early career opportunities.
Present at Marymount’s own Annual Research Conference
Students are Marymount University have the opportunity to present reserach at the Annual Research Conference held each year. Gain valuable experience and boost your resume by presenting your own research.
Attend or present at a Conference
- The Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
SOPHE is a professional organization founded in 1950 to provide global leadershop to the profession of health education and health promotion and to promote the health of all people by: stimulating the reserach on the theory and practice of health education; supporting high quality performance standards for the practice of health education and health promotion; advocating policy and legislation affecting health education and health promotion; and developing and promoting standards for professional preparation of health education professionals.
Visit sophe.org for information about conferences, research, and early career opportunities
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
The American Public Health Assocation works to advance the health of all people and all communities. As the nation’s leading public health organization, APHA strengthens the impact of public health professionals and provides a science-based voie in policy debates too often driven by emotion, idealogy of financial interests. APHA is at the forefront of efforts to advance prevention, reduce health disparities and promote wellness.
Visit www.apha.org for information about conferences, getting involved professionally, research, and early jobs opportunities.
Become a Graduate Assistant
- We have one full time GA position within the department of Health and Human Performance which can be divided into two or three part time GA positions according to demand and student availability. You can apply for current GA positions through our Human Resources website. There are also many GA positions for graduate students at Marymount. Please email the chair of the department for more information or visit the careers page here.
Get involved with Faculty Research
- All full time faculty in the department of Health and Human Performance have active research agendas and regularly engage and mentor students in research that is disseminated at regional, national and international conferences.
- Falls Prevention Workshop Series
- Advance Care Planning
Please contact Dr. Jennifer Tripken, HHP department chair for more information.