This certificate program is designed for those who wish to pursue an information technology career in a health care organization. Jobs include managing electronic medical records, using technology to support personized medicine and data analysis in epidemiology. Title IV federal financial aid is not available for this certificate program when taken alone but is available when taken as a component of the M.S. in Information Technology, M.S. Healthcare Management, or M.S. in Emerging Technology programs.
For students interested in Information Technology and who are pursuing a Master’s in Information Technology:
- IT 510: Requirements Analysis
- IT 540: Enterprise Data Management and Analysis
- IT 545: Healthcare Informatics
- IT 547: Healthcare Reimbursement Systems.
For students interested in Healthcare Management and who are pursuing a Master’s degree in Healthcare Management:
Three required courses:
- IT 454: Healthcare Informatics
- HCM 510 Healthcare Management
- HCM 520: Healthcare Reimbursement Systems
And one of:
- IT 547: Security and Privacy of Electronic Documents
- IT 630 Information Technology Practicum