Submit to “Visions” Juried High School Exhibition
The annual “Visions” juried art exhibition features the talents of high school students (grades 9-12) in a wide variety of media. “Visions” will be an in-person exhibition in MU Barry Gallery.
This year’s professional juror is Mary Early, who will also select the award winners for the show. Early lives and works in Washington, DC. She studied at Bennington College, and her work has been shown regionally, nationally, and internationally. Exhibitions in Washington, DC, include the U.S. Botanic Garden, Washington Project for the Arts, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Hemphill Fine Arts, and American University Museum, and she is a recipient of 11 Artist Fellowship Grants from the DC Commission on Arts & Humanities. Her exhibitions in Europe include Galerie Im Ersten (Vienna), and Kloster Schloss Salem and Kunstlerbund Tubingen in Germany. Early is currently director of HEMPHILL Artworks, Washington, DC, and serves on the boards of Hamiltonian Artists and Washington Sculptors Group. She has particular interests in public art and community engagement, as well as the materials and processes of contemporary sculpture.
Each student may submit up to 3 entries until October 16, 2022.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS, THEN SUBMIT HERE.
- Deadline for submitting: October 16, 2022, 11:59 pm
- Exhibition Dates: November 9 – December 2, 2022
- Opening reception: Wednesday, November 9, 6-7:30pm
- Artists notification date: October 24, 2022
- Submitting artists must be students in grades 9 – 12
- Each artist may submit up to 3 artworks; submission may be edited until deadline
- All participating artists must complete the Loan Agreement in the Submission Form
- Parental or Legal Guardian permission must be completed in the Submission Form for artists under 18
- Please note: Notification will include requirements for framing and hanging hardware; artwork that is not exhibition-ready can’t be accepted
- Please note: Notification will include dates/times for dropping off artwork; no work can be included in the exhibition after the deadline.
IMAGE FILE SPECIFICATIONS
- Files must be jpeg format, no larger than 5 MB in size
- Image dimensions must be between 1500 – 2500 pixels wide
- Images must be good quality for publishing online
- Images must be titled with format: Last nameFirst name_Title of Work
- Submitted images may be used for marketing and posted on the Barry Gallery website.
Rolling Deadline for Professional Artists – Exhibition Proposal
To request Exhibition Proposal information, please contact Prof. Mary Proenza, Director, Barry Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals will be considered for Spring 2023 or the 2023-24 academic year and beyond.
Recurring Calls. Please Check Back for Next Submission Date
“Horizons” Juried Community College Design + Art Competition – Deadline March 27, 2022
The School of Design and Art at Marymount University invites submissions for a Juried Art Exhibition for students currently registered at any community college. A professional juror selects the works for inclusion and the exhibition award winners.
2022 Horizons Exhibition | Next Call: Spring 2023
MU Alumni Exhibition
The Alumni Exhibition showcases the work of MU alumni of all majors. All media accepted, including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, design, photography, and mixed media. Through art, MU alumni, faculty, staff, current students, and the broader community continue to connect!
2021 Alumni Exhibition | Next Call: TBA
Annual MU Juried Student Exhibition (Marymount students only) – Deadline March 14, 2022
The annual Juried Student Exhibition showcases Marymount University student artwork demonstrating excellence in creativity, sophistication, and skill. A panel of professional jurors selects the works for inclusion in the exhibition, as well as awards.
2022 MU Juried Student Exhibition | Next Call: Spring 2023