Marymount requires all undergraduate students taking 12 or more credits and graduate students taking 9 or more credits to have health insurance. The University sponsors a low-cost student health insurance plan for graduate and undergraduate students. All full-time registered students will automatically be charged the premium for this insurance plan on their Student Accounts bill.
Health insurance coverage requirements:
- A student who has their third party insurance or one provided by their sponsor should make sure that they have the following minimum coverage in the Arlington, VA area
- Access to local doctors, specialists, hospitals, and other health care providers in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient hospitalization
- Coverage for lab work, diagnostic x-rays, physical therapy and chiropractic care, emergency room treatment, ambulance services, and prescription coverage
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient mental health, substance abuse, and counseling services
Health Insurance Waiver:
If you already have adequate medical insurance coverage and do not require the insurance coverage offered through Marymount’s plan, please complete the online waiver form by October 1st, 2021. After your waiver is approved, your student account will be credited. This waiver must be completed at the beginning of each academic year before the stated deadline. Otherwise, Marymount will charge you automatically for its insurance plan.
For any other medical question or concern please visit the student health center webpage or contact them at email@example.com or call them at (703) 284-1610
Watch the Health Insurance Waiver Tutorial
Alternative Insurance Providers that have partnerships with Marymount
Other Health Insurance Options
- https://intlstudentprotection.com/get-a-quote/for-international-students-scholars/ –Short-term Coverage
- https://www.imglobal.com/travel-medical-insurance/patriot-exchange-program – Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage
- https://www.hginsurance.com/ – Dependent-Only Coverage Available