Global Learning Advisor
Korrin advises for the following study abroad programs:
- Summer Programs
- National Student Exchange
- Global Scholars Program
As a study abroad alum, Korrin is excited to encourage students to take that leap and find a program that will change the way they view they world. Study abroad programs are more accessible than students realize, and Korrin is part of the team to aid students in discovering what works best for them and their academic program. Korrin holds a B.A. in International Studies from SUNY Fredonia, and is currently pursuing a M.A. in International Education Management and Leadership from SUNY Albany.
Korrin’s Global Bucket List:
- Experience the wonder of the Great Pyramids (Egypt)
- Soak in the hot water springs in Iceland
- Hike Machu Picchu (Peru)
- Wander the streets of the Blue City, Chefchaouen (Morocco)
Academic Director, Global Scholars Program
Dr. Delario Lindsey joined the Global Scholars Program and the Department of Sociology in the fall of 2017. Before coming to Marymount, Dr. Lindsey served as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology at Bethune-Cookman University. He was also an Assistant Professor and the social science point-person in the interdisciplinary Africana-World-Studies Program at William Paterson University. Dr. Lindsey has presented at several international conferences and has undertaken research trips to the Federal Republic of Brazil and the Republic of South Africa to study local forms of urban inequality and community engagement.
Dr. Lindsey’s commitment to Global Education and the Global Scholars program is rooted in an understanding of the profound impact meaningful engagement, with the people and the cultures of our extended global community, can have on an individual’s sense of self and their sense of purpose.
“As an academic, my life naturally revolves around the consumption of coffee. Accordingly, my global bucket-list describes the world greatest quest for caffeine!”
Delario’s Global Bucket List:
- Türk Kahvesi (Turkish coffee) while ‘hanging-out’ in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
- Café Cubano while watching the classic cars roll by in Havana, Cuba
- Café de Olla before exploring the wonders of Mexico City, Mexico
- Kahwa ceremony while luxuriating in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Vietnamese style while taking in the history and culture of Saigon, Vietnam.
- Buna ceremony while he ponders the origins of his obsession in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.