GSP 201 Intercultural Leadership in Heidelberg, Strasbourg, & Paris
Marymount University is excited to offer incoming first-year Global Scholars the opportunity to travel abroad as a part of their first 1-credit colloquium course, GSP 201 Intercultural Leadership. This unique opportunity will allow students to travel together as a class with the Academic Director of the program, Dr. Delario Lindsey.
Learn the ins and outs of living in an increasingly connected world with a class that blends cultural exploration, guest lectures, reflective reasoning and discussions. This GSP course will be part of students’ standard course load in the fall, but will offer students the unique opportunity to travel as a group prior to the start of the fall semester.
** We understand that not all Global Scholars will be able to travel on this program. Please note that Global Scholars are NOT required to participate in this field experience in order to be a part of the Scholars Program.
- Gain independence and increased self-confidence
- Hone your intercultural leadership and communication skills
- Boost your résumé and increase your employability
- Make friends and connect with faculty and staff before your first semester
August 14-23, 2022*
* Mandatory program orientation will take place on Friday, August 12, and Saturday, August 13. Students who are living on-campus will be able to move into their housing on Friday, August 12.
Students must apply for and be granted admission to Marymount University and the Global Scholars program in order to be eligible to participate on this study abroad program. Please click here to apply to Marymount University or to log in to your application.
Please click here to apply to the Global Scholars Program. As part of your Global Scholars application, students will be asked to answer some additional questions if they plan to participate on this program.
Priority Application Deadline: March 1, 2022
The estimated program fee for this program is $1,000. The program fee includes:
- Round-trip international airfare
- Double occupancy accommodation
- Transportation from MU to and from airport
- Course-related activities and excursions
- On-site transportation
- Some meals
- Emergency travel insurance
* Program cost is subject to change and does not include other out-of-pocket expenses.*
Please note that students who do not have a current passport are welcome and encouraged to participate on this program. However, please be aware that if your passport expiration date is before February 14, 2023, you will need to renew your passport. If you do not have a current passport, you must apply early. It may take as long as 12 weeks for processing. You are responsible for all costs associated with your passport.
International students are welcome and encouraged to apply to the Global Scholars Program; however, please be aware that if you would like to participate on this program abroad, visa and entrance requirements may vary according to your country of citizenship. The Center for Global Engagement will be able to provide supporting documentation for a visa application, but it is the responsibility of the student to work with the Office of International Student and Scholars to ensure that such authorizations and documents are obtained prior to departure.