Developing a Program
As part of our mission, the Center for Global Engagement (CGE) at Marymount University works to provide academically-based international programming for our students that fosters the development of the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to be active, informed, and culturally sensitive citizens in the global community. Leading a short-term faculty-led or global classroom program gives faculty the opportunity to engage with students in new ways and teach them outside of the walls of the classroom. By sharing this experience abroad with students, faculty have the opportunity to help Marymount students gain a global perspective and advance one of the three pillars of Marymount University.
Program Proposal Procedures & Deadlines
In order to direct a short-term study abroad program or a Global Classroom Program, the Marymount University Faculty-Led Proposal Form must be submitted to the Global Learning Office along with supporting documentation by the following dates, in the year prior to the proposed terms:
Fall 2022/Winter 2023: August 15, 2021
Spring Break 2023: January 15, 2022
Summer 2023: February 15, 2022
Academic departments and schools are responsible for reviewing and endorsing all academic components of the proposed program including course subject matter, instructional methods, and syllabi prior to submission to the review committee.
Faculty should carefully read and review the CGE Faculty & Staff Handbook prior to submitting a program proposal.
The Global Learning Office will provide departments and faculty with the following:
- assistance with program development, including the contract-bid process
- supply all necessary forms for the establishment of the program, including program proposal forms, participant applications, contracts, and incident report forms
- assistance with publicity and promotion of the Faculty-Led Program
- assistance with student applications, screening, and selection
- handling of monetary transactions, including the collection of program fees and disbursement of funds, and submission of revised budget forms for student financial aid
- offer faculty workshops for program planning & implementation
- assistance with pre-departure orientation sessions