Brainfuse is a 24/7 online tutoring resource that is free for Marymount students to use. It’s a great option for cases in which there are no peer tutoring or writing consultation appointments available on TutorTrac for the day/time you need.
To get to Brainfuse, click this link or log on to Canvas, open up any of your course pages, and look for “Brainfuse” in the left-hand menu of links for that course.
Below are the free services available to Marymount students through Brainfuse:
- Through Brainfuse, Marymount students have access to 120 minutes of live tutoring per month in a variety of topics, including business, computers and technology, English, math, nursing, and science.
- Marymount offers students 4 paper submissions per semester for a writing tutor to review in-depth.
- Writing experts will respond via email with instructive feedback within 24 hours. Comments may cover a range of important areas, including voice, fluency, organization, and word choice.
LEAP Learning Platform
- LEAP provides 24/7 access to a library of academic skills tests designed for students of all ages. After completing one of the online assignments, students will receive a customized learning plan.
- Skillsurfer offers an extensive library of Brainfuse-created lessons, video tutorials, and hundreds of practice tests in a wide range of subjects. The library includes resources for the following areas:
- GRE (verbal and math sections)
- Graduate School Entrance Test Prep
- TOELF iBT
- CLEP Prep
- College Course Resources: English, Mathematics, and Science
- Career Prep and Job Resources
- Career Test Prep
- Job Resources and Resume/Interview Preparation
- Essential Computer Skills
- Business/Career Writing
- Computers and Technology
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Computer Programming Languages
Brainfuse helps you maximize your GRE by combining the best of online technology to offer targeted study plans with complete flexibility in time and learning styles. Learn at your own pace with an expert tutor, and enjoy 24/7 access to GRE skills videos, resources, lessons, practice tests, and GRE writing analysis from live experts.
Brainwave allows you to record a movie of your activity on the Brainfuse whiteboard. Create brainwaves for note-taking purposes or send them when an ordinary email isn’t enough. Brainwave is ideal for recording solutions to homework problems, class projects, or any other concepts that involve motion or sequencing.
Flashbulb allows you to search Brainfuse’s extensive library of flashcards in hundreds of
subjects or create your own for efficient self-study. You can access your flashcards on the go with the Brainfuse mobile app.
MEET allows you to create Brainfuse meetings or study groups with fellow students. You can invite participants, schedule a start and end time for the study session, and write a message to send to participants about what the session will be about.
Live online homework help, writing assistance, and more from Brainfuse tutors:
- On-Demand, One-to-One Homework Help
- Comprehensive Writing Assistance
- Live Online Writing Assistance: live and real-time document sharing
- Intensive Writing Lab
- Foreign Language Lab
- Adult Learning Center: provides career-enhancing skills, test preparation, and live, online tutors.
- Includes skills tutoring, practice tests, and flashcards
Marymount has allowed students to submit 2 questions a month, during any time of the day and including files, and get a response from a tutor within one business day.