There are many different ways to leave a smaller carbon footprint and to keep the planet healthy.
Did You Know...?
The average person is responsible for emitting 94 pounds of carbon dioxide every day. It takes four trees, which act as natural filters, to offset the carbon dioxide each person generates in a month.
Go Green – Get a Tree Planted for Free
Subscribe for a free newsletter from Green Living Tips
. The newsletter provides green advice, guides and environmental news. For every confirmed subscriber, they will plant a tree!
Simple Ways to be More Green on Campus
- Join green student groups
- Look for recycling bins or create one for your room
- Recycle paper – use scrap paper to take notes
- Buy used textbooks
- Carry a refillable water bottle
- Use reusable tote bags when shopping
- Turn it off when not in use! (TV, lights, DVD player, computer)
- Only wash full loads of clothing
- Take shorter showers and don’t take baths
- Get a solar backpack (to charge your laptops, gadgets and more)
- Cut down on use of paper napkins and paper towels
For more tips visit
The Student Health Center Goes Green
- We recycle paper and plastic.
- We use leftover paper products as scrap paper for notes and messages.
- We reuse plastic bags to carry items.
- Turn the lights off when a room is not in use.
- When applicable we print economically and on recycled paper.
- Our light bulbs have been changed to energy-efficient CFL bulbs.
- We reuse plastic bins we receive our supplies in as storage bins.
- Our new washer and dryer will be energy efficient and recycled.