B.S., Skidmore College
M.F.A., The George Washington University
University of Massachusetts, Syracuse University
- Fashion Illustration I and II
- Senior Fashion Design Portfolio
- Fashion Research and Communication
- Senior Seminar in Fashion Merchandising
- The artistic decision-making of fashion designers
- Media campaigns in the fashion industry, such as Benetton, Calvin Klein, Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria’s Secret
- The pedagogy of inspiring creativity in fashion design students
Janice G. Ellinwood has been a member of the Marymount faculty since 1980. She is an artist and fashion illustrator who has exhibited throughout the U.S. As a Fulbright Scholar, she taught fashion design at the National Academy of Art in Bulgaria in 2001-02.
Ellinwood has served as department chair of Fashion Design and Merchandising since 1987. She has coached students who have won or placed in national and international fashion competitions, served as a media expert on the fashion industry, a reviewer of fashion textbooks, and contributed articles to both academic journals and textbooks. She is the author of Fashion By Design (Fairchild Books).
Ellinwood is a member of the International Textile and Apparel Association, the Costume Society of America, the Colored Pencil Society of America and the Fulbright Association.