Home >  Office Directory >  Physical Plant >  Emergency Repair Requests  

Office Directory

Emergency Repair Requests

An emergency request is a repair of a condition that, if left unresolved, would result in the loss of life, extreme harm to individuals, or extreme damage to University property, i.e. fire, power failure, open elevator shafts, students trapped in elevator, loss of heat to a significant portion of the building, flooding etc.

All repair requests made by students must be reported to the Office of Campus and Residential Services. All other routine repair requests made by staff and faculty must be reported to the Physical Plant department (including burned out light bulbs,dripping water faucets, closet doors off track, broken or missing screens, etc...). For all emergency requests, please call (703) 284-1529.

The Physical Plant Department is responsible for grounds and landscaping, construction alterations, improvement to the facilities and scheduled preventive maintenance of mechanical systems.