Whether you are a member of our outstanding faculty or our dedicated staff, your hard work has contributed to Marymount University's success. The wonderful students, who receive a Marymount education because of your generosity, are a tribute to your commitment. Personal gifts from faculty and staff demonstrate that we, who know the University best, are dedicated to ensuring a future of continued excellence. Your contribution is an opportunity to make an additional impact on Marymount University today and into the future.
What Is the Faculty and Staff Fund? strong>
Every year, faculty and staff demonstrate their dedication too marymount University and its students by making gifts to the Faculty and Staff Fund. These gifts create an immediate and personal impact, enriching the lives of many students.
Why Should I Give to the Faculty and Staff Fund?
- Whatever the reason, and whatever the designation, faculty and staff gifts to the University speak volumes to the rest of the community about Marymount as a place for philanthropic investment.
- Tuition covers only 85% of what it takes to educate our students. That means there is a 15% gap between tuition and fixed costs. Gifts provided by you help to fill this gap.
- Over 85% of Marymount undergraduates receive some form of financial aid.
How Can I Become More Involved?
The Faculty and Staff Fund Committee is made up of faculty and staff members whose efforts help to drive the success of the Faculty and Staff Fund forward. Committee members act as peer ambassadors to the Faculty and Staff Fund, sharing new Faculty and Staff Fund developments with colleagues, and spreading the message of the importance of supporting this vital campaign. They also act as representatives -- the voice of the departments to which they belong. If you are interested in serving as your department's representative plase contact Ering Schlesing at firstname.lastname@example.org or at x1698.
Where Can I Designate My Gift?
Faculty and Staff Scholarship: This scholarship provides funding for students who show academic merit and financial need. This scholarship currently supports six undergraduate students and one graduate student.
Awards are disbursed as follows:
- Four current undergraduate recipients at $3,000 each
- One undergraduate junior $5,000
- One undergraduate senior $5,000
- One graduate student $2,000*
*The Faculty and Staff Fund is currently working on expanding the graduate scholarship offerings to five graduate students at $2,000 each.
University's Primary Initiatives: Gifts received in support of the University's primary initiatives ensure that Marymount is able to make the most of every situation while enriching the lives of faculty, staff, and Marymount students.
James Shelton Scholarship: Created in memory of James Shelton this scholarship, once endowed, will benefit a first year student who exemplifies leadership qualities in academics and extracurricular activities.
Charles Miller MBA Scholarship: Created in honor of Charles Miller's dedication to Marymount's MBA program and students, this scholarship, once endowed, will provide support for graduate students entering the program.
For questions or further information regarding additional giving areas please contact Erin Schlesing at x1695.
Giving is Easy:
- Make a one-time gift or payroll deduction by downloading the Faculty and Staff Contribution Form.
- Make a one-time or recurring gift online.
- Visit the Development Office located in Rowley Hall.