What is the Pay It Forward Scholarship?
Established in 2010 by the senior class, the Pay It Forward Scholarship is an ongoing tradition for the Senior Class Gift. This year, we ask all Senior Saints to "Pay it Forward." Think back to your first day on campus, and the memories you've created over your four years. Now it's your turn to give the same experience and opportunities to an incoming freshman.
For every $500 that the senior class raises, one freshman student will be sponsored. We hope to obtain 50% participation and are asking each senior to give in honor of your graduation year. It is not the amount that matters; it's your participation that counts.
Senior Class Gift Committee
Responsibilities for the members of the Senior Class Gift Committee are as follows:
- Contribute to the Senior Class Gift
- Recruit friends and classmates to participate and give to the Senior Class Gift
- Attend scheduled meetings with Development Office staff in Rowley Hall
- Attend and staff Senior Class Gift activities (this includes the 50 Days/50 Nights Party)
- Assist with marketing of the Senior Class Gift through Facebook and other media
By organizing and contributing to the Pay It Forward Scholarship, you have the chance to leave behind a bit of your own personality and take your first steps toward being a proud and active Marymount alum.
How can I be more involved with the Senior Class Gift?
There are many ways you can get involved with the Senior Class Gift:
2. Encourage your friends, classmates and family to give.
3. Join the Pay It Forward:
Senior Class Gift Facebook page
and encourage others to join as well.
4. Help us spread the word on why the Senior Class Gift is such an important aspect of graduating.
5. Let us know of any potential partnership opportunities with student clubs and organizations on campus.
6. Come visit our tables on campus for additional information; please stay tuned for a list of dates and times.
How can I make a gift?
There are 3 easy ways to give your gift to the Pay It Forward Scholarship:
What if I'm an underclassman (freshman, sophomore, junior) and I want to help?
Currently, we have positions open for undergraduates to serve on the Senior Class Gift Committee. If you are interested in learning more about these positions and/or fundraising, please e-mail Erin Schlesing
or call (703) 284-1695.