Home >  Support Marymount >  Affinity Giving >  Saints Council  

Support Marymount

Saints Council

What Is the Saints Council?
Created in 2011, The Saints Council is an exciting initiative sponsored by the Marymount Fund. The Saints Council is focused on raising awareness about the impact of private giving at Marymount and the promotion of annual giving efforts by students.
 
 
Saints Council
Members of the Saints Council are selected through nominations from Marymount's faculty and staff. Additional positions are available on an application basis. To get involved on the 2012-13 Saints Council, please download an application and submit the completed form to giving@marymount.edu.
 
 
As a member of the Saints Council you will be asked to:
  • Develop and market an undergraduate student giving campaign
  • Help spread the word to friends and classmates regarding the importance of giving
  • Give presentations to different schools, organizations, clubs, etc. as assigned
  • Manage events sponsored by the Saints Council such as the Faculty & Staff vs. Students Basketball Game and Tuition Free Day

How Do Private Gifts Make a Difference?
Many people think that the combination of student tuition and fees are what keep the University running each year. The truth is that tuition and fees only account for 82% the remaining 18% is generated through grants, and the generous support of alumni, friends, parents, faculty and staff.
 
Marymount relies heavily on private gifts to maintain the quality of our academic programs, athletic teams, and other services offered to our students. Marymount would not be the institution it is today if it wasn't for private support.
 
 
Without private funding, the following would not be part of the Marymount experience:
  • Operating budgets of student organizations
  • New technology in classrooms and libraries
  • Scholarships
  • Funding opportunities for faculty development
  • Funding for equipment and uniforms for athletic teams
  • Support the expansion of service opportunities on campus and within the community
  • Unrestricted funds for Marymount to use where support is needed most

How can you get more involved?
  • Friend our Facebook page
  • Volunteer
  • Help to spread the word
  • Share your ideas
  • Attend Saints Council sponsored event
  • Complete an application for the Saints Council

If you have any questions regarding how you can become involved in the Saints Council please contact Erin Ross, Director of the Marymount Fund, at giving@marymount.edu.