Home >  Support Marymount >  About  

Support Marymount

Why Giving Matters

The difference between a good institution and a great one is the support of its alumni, parents and friends. From annual gifts that make an immediate impact to endowed and planned gifts that last for generations, your support helps to ensure a bright future for Marymount and our students. No matter the amount, your gift does make a difference in the following ways:
 
Enhances the quality of a Marymount education by strengthening the University's academic programs, enhancing the recruitment and retention of top quality students, faculty, and staff, and improves campus facilities and services.
 
Helps make Marymount accessible to all regardless of financial limitations. With more than 88% of our undergraduate students receiving some form of financial aid, your support is vital to their success both academically and professionally.
 
Bridges the gap between tuition and the cost of educating a Marymount student. As tuition only accounts for 82% of the cost of educating a Marymount student, the remaining 18% is generated through grants, and the loyal support of alumni, friends, and parents. This means that the University is able to keep tuition low while providing each full-time undergraduate student with a "silent scholarship" of around $4,000 per year.
 
Affects Marymount's national ranking. One of U.S. News and World Report's factors in ranking universities is based on the annual alumni giving rate.
 
Inspires others to give. Your support is a vote of confidence in the university and shows other donors, such as corporations and foundations, that they're investing in an institution that has the support of its community.