All Affinity Networks will be run by the alumni with guidance/assistance from the Network Liaison
. The leader(s) of each Affinity Network will choose how to best communicate with those who wish to be affiliated, and what events will best serve their alumni. Events will be open to all Marymount alumni when appropriate, however, targeted invitations (both printed and emailed) can be sent. Affinity Network leaders will also work with the Network Liaison to determine RSVP deadlines and other event details.
The Alumni Office will be involved in the following ways:
- Provide a budget of $300 per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30) to all official Affinity Networks.**
- Send a notice to all Marymount alumni to find out who would like to be considered an active member of the Network; the Alumni Office will create a listserv of those individuals for the Network leadership to use to communicate (as mentioned in Requirements).
- Approve all events; all event details must be solidified at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Send emailed invitations and post event information on the Marymount Web site (provided the Alumni Office is notified of all event details 2 weeks in advance). Network leadership is encouraged to post details about upcoming events on the Alumni Association Facebook page.
- Send one printed invitation for each Affinity Network per year; in order to send a printed invitation, all event details must be confirmed 8 weeks in advance.
- Take RSVPs for all events using the Alumni Office’s online system.
- Assist in providing other materials (giveaways, fundraising information, printed programs, etc.), provided the request is made at least one week in advance.
**Should the Network exceed the allotted budget, the Network leader(s) will determine how to make up the rest of the money needed above and beyond $300 (ie: with registration fees, ticket prices, etc).