A freshman is a first-time university student or a student with fewer than 12 completed university credit hours.
To be considered for admission you must submit the following:
- Completed application with the $40 application fee. Apply online or download a PDF application.
- Letter of recommendation from your school principal, teacher, or academic advisor. This letter must be written in, or translated into, English.
- Official transcripts, sent directly to Marymount from the high school attended or authenticated by your home country's Ministry of Education or the U.S. Embassy in your country. If applicable, also include official exam results and evidence of graduation.
- Official standardized test score report.
|| Marymount Exam Code
| Minimum Required Score
|| 450 critical reading
950 critical reading/math
|| 18 English section
|| 79 Internet
|| 6.0 overall
| PTE Academic*
|| 54 overall
* Students for whom English is a second language must submit a passing TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score.
International students are eligible for all Marymount admissions scholarships offered to domestic freshman students. To view freshman scholarships go to our scholarship information page
. Students must take the SAT or ACT to be eligible for merit-based scholarships.
Meet with an admissions counselor
Walk-in visits will only be able to meet with an admissions counselor on Tuesdays.
The application for admission and all supporting documents must be received no later than the date indicated for the corresponding semester.
- Fall semester - July 1 (begins in late August)
- Spring semester - October 15 (begins in mid-January)
Please contact our office directly after these dates. We may still be able to work with you to help you join our community.
Once you're admitted, there are additional steps you will need to take
>> Download the International Student Application Checklist