- Meet with a Study Abroad advisor and/or attend a program informational meeting.
- Schedule appointments with your advisors to discuss course selection and degree plan.
- If applicable, you should consult with your parents, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Student Accounts Office to discuss program costs and payment options. Students applying for a summer program must complete the Financial Aid Request form.
Since most programs have rolling admissions, the sooner you apply the better, as some may close before the published deadline. Be aware that different programs have different application guidelines – requirements may vary widely.
Nonrefundable Deposit Policy
- Complete the Short-term Program Application
- Some programs will require two faculty recommendations and a statement of interest as part of the online application.
Once the student has submitted the application and required documents a nonrefundable deposit charge in the amount of $200 will be placed on the student account. The deposit will be applicable to the total cost of the program unless the student withdraws after being accepted, in which case the deposit will go towards unrecoverable costs.Waitlisted
If you are placed on a waitlist you are in line for a spot in the course in case of a cancellation. If there is a cancellation, we will email you asking if you would like the spot – you must reply to this email within 48 hours and accept the spot in order to be enrolled in the course.Required Supporting Materials
Applications are not considered complete unless all parts are filled in and submitted by the published deadlines for each program.
NOTE: If required by the host country, students are solely responsible for completing the host country visa application process. The Center for Global Education (CGE) staff will provide some assistance with this step; however, students will need to contact the Embassy (or local consulate) for any questions they may have regarding the application process. Please keep in mind that CGE is not responsible if students are denied a student visa or do not complete the application in time.
All participants must turn in all additional supporting materials to
Center for Global Education
Phone (703) 284-1677
Fax (703) 284-5938
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgNext Steps
- Student conduct records are reviewed as part of the study abroad application process. Students must be in good disciplinary standing at the time of application to be fully accepted into a short-term study abroad program. Students with minor disciplinary infractions on record may be conditionally accepted at the discretion of the director of international programs.
- Applicants will receive notification via email informing them if they have been accepted into the program to which they applied.
- Accepted students must complete a CGE Health Form and Conditions of Participation.
- Accepted students must attend mandatory predeparture orientation meetings
- Accepted students will begin to receive emails from the faculty member leading their study abroad program, which will reference predeparture meetings, course requirements, and program information.
- The Center for Global Education will make relevant travel reservations, if applicable, and purchase supplemental travel insurance for all accepted students, if applicable to the program.