Home >  Academics >  Center for Global Education >  Parents >  Health and Safety  


Study Abroad - Opening minds to a world of opportunity

Health and Safety

Health Insurance Information
All students who participate in study abroad programs sponsored by Marymount University's Center for Global Education are provided with limited health and accident insurance through HTH Worldwide Insurance
HTH Insurance provides health coverage for accidents, sickness, medical conditions that may arise, and emergency medical reunion. Students will be provided with a membership card at a predeparture orientation session. Students should carry this with them at all times. It includes emergency phone numbers and instructions for submission of claims.

Emergency Travel Insurance
In an ongoing commitment to traveler's personal safety, Marymount University has partnered with Travel Guard, a worldwide leader in travel insurance and international travel assistance services. Travel Guard’s Premier Assist provides
  • Emergency medical assistance
  • Security services
  • Emergency travel assistance
  • Worldwide travel assistance
  • VIP personal assistance services
  • Lost luggage assistance

The Travel Guard website contains an online Travel Tracker form for inputting travel and destination information. All travelers must complete the form so that this information is available to Travel Guard’s assistance coordinators and Marymount on-call staff should the traveler need to be located in the event of a crisis or emergency.

Students will be provided with a Travel Guard membership card. Students should carry this with them at all times. It includes the telephone numbers of Travel Guard’s 24-hour Assistance Center to contact in the event of an emergency.

To register go to the Travel Guard website.

Additional Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs