Prior to beginning any clinical education experiences, PT students must provide
- record of a recent medical examination
- written verification of testing for tuberculosis or screening if PPD is positive (required annually) prior to registering for classes
- written verification or letter of declination of the following immunizations: Hepatitis B, MMR, Chicken Pox, and Tetanus/Diphtheria
written verification of health insurance coverage, submitted to the clinical agency coordinator
- written verification of CPR certification (adult, child, and infant) prior to registration for the first clinical Physical Therapy course (current CPR certification must be provided to the clinical agency coordinator each semester)
- a criminal background check, which is a federal requirement for all persons working with vulnerable populations
- drug screening, required by clinical agencies
- any additional requirements as stated by specific health care agencies.
Students will not be permitted to register for classes until all requirements are met.