Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application with $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary education with an acceptable GPA (an undergraduate major in Psychology is preferred, however, candidates from other fields will be considered)
- Satisfactory scores on the GRE (including the Analytical Writing score)
- Two letters of recommendation that speak directly to the applicant’s academic and interpersonal skills (please use the recommendation forms available in the application packet or online)
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s background and motivation for entering the field of study for which he/she is applying
After the initial review of an applicant’s preliminary materials, he or she may be invited to participate in a one-hour interview process with faculty. The interview will take place in-person. All application materials must be received by the appropriate deadline in order to be considered for the interview.
Application Deadlines for Counseling Programs
Students are admitted for the fall semester only. Completed applications must be received by January 16 or May 3 for fall enrollment. Applications received after these deadlines will be considered for a future academic year. If space permits, students may be admitted for the spring semester.