This certificate prepares practicing managers to deliver effective and innovative leadership in changing organization environments.
By engaging in a holistic view of business and management, leadership capabilities for identifying emerging opportunities, leading effective teams, and integrating strategic initiatives into practice are defined and enhanced.
Critical skills such as driving fundamental change, building confidence to make business decisions, and fine-tuning judgment are acquired through a learning environment shared with dedicated, experienced faculty and peer colleagues.
Admission Requirements: The School of Business Administration requires candidates to have at least three years of managerial experience (or equivalent).
Minimum Grade and Course Completion Requirements: Students in this certificate program must meet the University’s academic standards for graduate students and achieve a minimum grade of B for each course required in the certificate. No course may be repeated more than once.
Courses are listed in recommended sequence of enrollment.
- MBA 515 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 502 Managing Innovation
- MGT 507 Leadership
- MGT 515 Leading and Managing Teams
- MGT 560 Ethical Issues in Business and Society
- One (1) course from the following: LA 561 Law and the Business Environment, MGT 585 Global Business Management, OD 521 Organization Development and Change Management, OD 523 Executive Coaching