Many students interested in graduate study in health care management know that broader business issues – economics, finance, and marketing – are driving many business decisions. In addition, many M.B.A. students recognize the advantages of an industry-specific degree. In response, Marymount offers a dual degree: the Master of Science in Health Care Management and Master of Business Administration.
This dual degree program will prepare students for middle- or senior-level management positions in hospitals or other health care organizations. Graduates will be able to
- identify and solve complex and integrative health care management problems
- resolve health care issues using ethically sound decision making
- effectively communicate and work with others
This dual degree can be completed in 60 credit hours through a highly structured program of study at MU’s Ballston Center.
Admission Requirements: Individuals interested in this dual degree program are encouraged to enroll in it when first applying to the University. However, students can elect to enroll in the dual program after they have already begun their studies in either the M.S. in Health Care Management or M.B.A. The Office of Graduate Admissions will assist students with application procedures.
Minimum Grade Requirements: For students in dual degree programs, the minimum grade requirement for each degree remains in effect. A minimum grade of C is required in order to receive credit for a course in this dual degree program. All graduate SBA students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Dual Degree Requirements
Courses are listed in recommended sequence of enrollment.
- HCM 510 Health Care Management
- MBA 511 Management Foundations
- NU 590 Health Care Data Analysis
- IT 545 Health Care Informatics
- MBA 515 Management in Organizations
- ECO 590 Health Care Economics
- HCM 535 Health Care Policy and Ethics
- LA 540 Health Care Law
- HCM 590 Population Health and Epidemiology
- MBA 585 Global Business Experience or HCM 585 Global Health Care
- HCM 560 Health Care Operations Management
- HCM 520 Health Care Reimbursement Systems
- HCM 550 Health Care Finance
- MBA 522 Corporate Finance or MBA 532 Advanced Financial Management
- MBA 521 Marketing Concepts and Practice or MBA 531 Strategic Marketing Management
- MBA 523 Business Problem Solving
- MBA 517 Leading in Business
- HCM 565 Health Care Cases and Projects
- HCM 555 Health Care Strategic Planning and Marketing
- MBA 526 Strategic Management Seminar